Saturday, December 6, 2014

Birthday and the Day of Gracias

I too had a good thanksgiving! I got your guys packages and 1 from Grandma and Grandpa! Thank you so much for the gifts! How did you know I was wanting a Hammock¿ Maybe I told you in a old Email but I cant remember. Either way it is super awesome! And the candy (my favorites) and hymn book were just the energy I needed to refresh myself for the work! Thanksgiving we did have Chinese, and the Dyers drove out here to speak to us! They are awesome! I'm glad you liked the Salchipapas! I also had Salchipapas on my birthday! I do eat plantains every single day...but yours look especially good! Tell Nate he is super awesome for learning to do new things! One of the greatest joys we can have in this life is in trying new things and mastering our talents! The tree!!! I wish I could be there, to help put it up while listening to forgotten Carols...but this Christmas I will be working for the man who made Christmas possible and I have a lot of joy in this. Tell Nick I am proud of him and hope he does well in his new calling! On my birthday I had decided to dedicate my Birthday to my investigatores. I worked so hard that day, and was exhausted when it came time to go home. We had finished planning and filling out registros for the people we taught, and it became time to finish and go eat...at 10:20 PM, when we needed to go to bed at 10:30. I ate fast and while Elder Giron got ready for bed, I finally opened up the gifts! I was so happy! And I sat on the floor and started reading the letters! It felt as though you guys were in the room with me! I'm glad Pte. Searle thinks I'm a good missionary. I really work very hard to earn that. But sometimes I don't feel that way because our investigatores are not progressing despite our efforts. And the people in the ward are wondering why there haven't been any baptisms. I love the work, and it is where I belong, but sometimes the circumstances are tough. But I pray for attributes of Christ because I know he had it harder during his ministry. The mission has strengthened me beyond what I thought my capacity was earlier. I made the decision to enjoy every moment of my mission, which is not dependent on anyone but myself! I love you all so much, and I hope that all is well at home! I think of you guys in my prayers every time! Which by the way is a crazy amount! I pray about 15 to 20 times per day out here! The church is true. The work is wonderful. The Lord strengthens us! Love and Ciao for now,

No comments:

Post a Comment