Friday, November 28, 2014

From Valledupar with Love

It will be rough not being with you guys for my Birthday and Thanksgiving, but I am going to make the best of it with my family of investigatores here in Valledupar! I have not received anything yet, but I am grateful that you guys are thinking of me :). I too will try to eat some salchipapas for the Bday. I am so grateful that what I am doing here is having an impact on my siblings! Ava is so cute, and I miss Her a lot. My Companion is eating less and less per day it seems like. And he seems to think that I am eating more and more per day, which isn't necessarily a lie either :). The food here is pretty good. Although an investigator gave us a juice that is corn juice, onion, and old lactose milk blended together. The culture expects you to eat or drink everything in front of you, so I drank the tall glass of it and thought I was going to throw up. She was so happy that I (Élder American) drank it and told her I liked it. So she refilled the tall glass, and I choked the crap down a second time. By the way, The photo is of a street near my house in Valledupar, you can see the mangos on the trees. The stories of the siblings are very emotional for me, and refresh my mind for the work every time I read it because it gives me purpose to be someone's hero like that! The blessings of missionary service are already starting to appear. Dad, I loved sitting with you every Sunday in Priesthood, because I was proud that YOU were MY dad! I miss you a ton too, but the work here is progressing better by the day. The situation with my compañero is still rough, but I am making the best of it and learning how to teach effectively with him! You are my greatest example of what I want to be as a missionary! I have never thanked you guys for the packages, I realized. Thank you so much for thinking of me! And I love you all so much! Thanks for the birthday wishes! Its just like being at home! By the way when is Thanksgiving¿ Have I already missed it¿ I will keep myself healthy, and the Lord is helping me do all things including that! Te Amo Muchisimo. Ciao for now. Your Élder Manwaring

No comments:

Post a Comment