Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Having a Good Attitude

Things have been tough this week and we are a little bit stressed out. My companion really is a good guy, he likes to talk A LOT in lessons, but he is a good person and I am privileged to work with him. I can't believe I am already a third of the way done either. I had a dream that it was already time to go home, and it got me in a funk the whole day, because in the dream I felt like I had accomplished nothing as I left Colombia. But It makes me want to work much harder. We had a little bit of a hard time this week, because the Bishop got mad at me in front of the ward council saying that I only work hard for Baptisms and not for Rescues. It is hurtful because I try to work very hard for everyone. Unfortunately we don't have as much time to visit the other area that we inherited, and there are people that are not coming to church. Arjona has been an infamously sinful place in the past with missionaries, and now my companion and I are obligated to clean up the area. We are losing attendance faster than we are gaining it, and the missionaries take the blame. Anyway, we went to Las Piedras again and I had a great experience. It was just me and another member (we did splits) and we met up with a investigator names Miladys (ME-LAW-DEES) and we shared with her the message of the restauracion. She told us that she believes that it is true, she told us that before we shared with her that the same church that existed 2015 years ago exists today she felt something inside of her say "These next 5 minutes will be the most important up to this point in your life." She said she didn't know if Eternal Life existed, let alone that she could participate in it with her family. It was very powerful. We have planned the baptism of Alejandra this week again. But her Mom is what is stopping her from getting baptized. We are going to need all the help we can get, and only our Heavenly Father can give it. With Erlinda, we don't know, because she had her arm operated on, and she gets her stiches taken out this Tuesday, and possibly her baptism this Saturday. She also needs a lot of Prayer for her decision to follow Christ more fully in her life. I really love the people of the coast, but this week has been pretty frustrating for me. I only have one baptism even though I try so hard to be obedient, diligent, and have a good attitude. I know that the mission is not numbers, I know that the worth of ONE soul is great to God (DC 18:10), but I feel like we haven't saved so many souls even though I love them so much, and it makes me so sad to see people that have become my family not want their own Salvation as much as I want it. Or even more importantly: as God wants it. Don't get me wrong, the mission is the best thing that has happened to me, but I don't want to waste it. I want to get lost in it. Anyway, thanks for all your support. It helps me move forward with a better attitude to do my duty as a servant to my Heavenly Father. I love him more than anything. And I love you guys so much. I pray for your continual safety and success in everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment